Hi honeyfunders! Hang on to your hats and glasses, because today, I’m going to share my extensive experience using travel rewards programs to fund your honeymoon. This is one of the best honeymoon hacks around! Second only to your honeyfund, of course. 🙂
Travel Rewards are a Great Honeymoon Budget Extender
Travel rewards programs are everywhere. Since American Airline’s started their Frequent Flier program in 1981, every travel company (and their brother) has developed a program. So pick your favorite hotel brand, car rental company, airline, and make sure you’re signed-up in their programs.
If you haven’t done enough traveling to know which brands you love most, don’t worry. There are some really rewarding ways to try them out!
- Open a rewards-branded credit card (Chase has some great ones.)
- Watch rewards programs for promotional offers, and sign up then
- Find out which airline credit cards are the best on rewards
- You can also compare different airline credit cards with this helpful tool by NerdWallet
- Read this comprehensive e-book from The Budget Savvy Bride.
Get Honeymoon Funds for the Ultimate Honeymoon Budget Hack
Honeyfund’s honeymoon registry was designed to add cash to your honeymoon budget by allowing wedding guests to give you honeymoon funds as a wedding gift. You can list fun experiences like day trips, meals, upgrades, and anything you’re planning to do on your trip, and guests can cover the cost!
Honeyfund has helped more than a million couples make their newlywed dreams come true with its easy-to-use honeymoon registry. It takes a couple minutes to get started.
Happy travel hacking!