Watch the video above for an overview of what Honeyfund offers you.
Dollars to Date
Word on the Street
We planned an awesome 17 day honeymoon in South Africa, Rwanda & Kenya and itemized every element. Passes for gorilla trekking, hiking boots, massages, dinners...our guests loved it!— Sameer & Nita
Word on the Street
Because we were being treated, we could stay at nice hotels, eat at nice restaurants, and we didn't have to worry about stretching every dollar. Most people loved the idea because they're giving a memory which we can share with them later.— Kate & Dan
Word on the Street
Because of Honeyfund our guests didn't have to lug gifts cross-country or worry about shipping. We didn't have to make one return or worry about lost gift receipts. Many of our guests chose gifts that they wanted to experience or that fit their taste, just as if they were shopping in a department store.— Robert & Kili
Think of it like a Dream Bank
Honeyfund's online wedding gift registry makes it easy to give and receive the perfect wedding gift — one that reflects your unique style and makes giving quick, easy, and budget-friendly for your wedding guests!
As the most trusted crowdfunding site for weddings, honeymoons, down payments, charities and more, we’ve helped nearly a million couples make their newlywed dreams come true with our easy-to-use fundraising platform.
Better than the Competitors
- Most trusted honeymoon registry for 12+ years
- Immediate access to gift funds
- Zero-fee payments options
- No fees to guests, ever
- Weekly travel deals delivered to your inbox
- World-class design tools let your style shine
- Fully customizable wishlist
- Universal registry capability
- Store registry syncing
- The only gift card wedding registry
You Have Questions; We Have Answers
Why is Honeyfund the most trusted honeymoon and cash registry?
At Honeyfund, your honeymoon is our business. For more than a decade, we've excelled at one simple thing: making it easy to fund your dream honeymoon or other savings goal. Here's how we do it:
- Immediate delivery of funds to your own WePay (Chase) account, PayPal account, or Honeyfund Balance.
- Automatic 3-day deposits to your bank account every time you receive a gift, when you choose WePay (Chase).*
- Fee-free options like the Honeyfund Balance, redeemable for digital gift card partners from dozens of partners in travel, retail and more.
- 5-star customer service team available via phone, chat or e-mail with an average response time of 4 hours or less.
- One-stop registry features like store-registry linking, universal registry tool, gift cards, and fully customizable wish list items.
Questions? We'd love to hear from you. Contact Us.
*Deposit timeframe may vary by bank. Typical deposits arrive within 2-5 business days.Sign up now »
How much does it cost? It's free, for starters...
Honeyfund is committed to zero or low-fee options for receiving your gift money… and there are NEVER any fees for your guests. By blending the options below, Honeyfund couples pay less than 2% on average.
OPTIONAL — HONEYFUND ELITE!Finally, make your page stand out with Honeyfund Elite, the most powerful design tool on the wedding registry market. Elite includes your choice of design templates, cover photos, photo slide show, registry items, password protection, layout options, and more! Upgrade now for a low, one-time fee.What does Honeyfund REALLY cost compared to other sites?Honeyfund is committed to 100% free options, so our users pay the lowest average fees in the industry!
- GIFT CARDS & HONEYFUND BALANCE - FreeRegister for popular gift cards or set your entire account to redeem all funds received via gift cards (Honeyfund Balance). Check out our full list of digital gift card partners.
- BANK ACCOUNT DEPOSITS - 2.8% + $0.30Get online payments automatically deposited into your bank account via your choice of WePay (Chase) or PayPal for 2.8% + $0.30* per transaction. * Applies to most US-to-US payments. Fees outside the US may vary. Click here for full fee info. Payments from outside your home country may incur an additional 1% cross-border fee.
- CASH, CHECK AND CUSTOM PAYMENTS - FreeWhen givers reserve a gift on your honeyfund page, they can then give you the cash and check gifts directly, in the mail or in a card. Or follow your custom instructions to pay you, e.g. your Venmo account or a travel agent taking payments for you. Even offer your Bank Details (popular in the UK).
Never any fees to givers.
| Service | Honeyfund Free | Honeyfund Free + PayPal/WePay | Honeymoon Wishes | Traveler's Joy | Newlywish | Zola
| Fee | Offline Gifts &
Gift Cards - 0% | 1.8% blended rate* | 9.65% | 5.9% + $0.99 | 2.65% | 2.50%
| Typical Fee for $2,000 | $0 | $37.00 | $193.00 | $135.22 | $53.00 | $50.00*Typical $2,000 Honeyfund fees of 1.8% based on a blend of offline gifts, gift cards and cash contributions via PayPal/WePay(2.8% + $0.30 USD). See international rates here.Sign up now »
Is Honeyfund just for honeymoons? No!
Honeyfund can be used for any type of cash wedding gift! Raising money for a down payment? Need funds for starting off? Do you have another savings goal? You can put anything you want on your Honeyfund! Not having a wedding? Fundraising, crowdfunding and all-occasion cash gifts are available at our sister site, Plumfund.com.Sign up now »
Is Honeyfund safe and secure for me and my guests?
With more than 12 years in the online gift industry, we know how to protect you and your guests. Whether you’re receiving money via one of our trusted payment partners (WePay/Chase or PayPal) or via the Honeyfund Balance, Honeyfund's PCI compliant and secure technology keeps your private info safe. Personal info is never sold, rented or shared.
Honeyfund has maintained an A+ grade by the Better Business Bureau since inception.Sign up now »
- How do I book my travel?
- How do I receive popular gift cards through Honeyfund?
How do we receive our gift money?
Here are simple instructions for getting your gift money for each available payment option:
GIFT CARDS & HONEYFUND BALANCE
Visit the Gifts Received page to redeem any available Gift Cards or Honeyfund Balance funds. NOTE: This option is NOT redeemable for cash, and Honeyfund Balance funds never expire.
WePay (Chase) payments are automatically deposited into your bank account. If you haven't received payments, you may need to add your bank account in your WePay (Chase) account. Follow the instructions for claiming your WePay (Chase) account sent to the e-mail on your Honeyfund account or Contact Us.
To withdraw gift payments from PayPal, please login to your PayPal account and click the Withdraw tab. There you will find several options for withdrawing your money. If you forgot your login e-mail address, you can find it in your Honeyfund Payment Settings.
CASH OR CHECK
If your gifts were pledged via cash or check, you should have received the payments directly from your gift givers (e.g. in the mail to the address you provided in your Honeyfund account, or at the shower, wedding or otherwise in person).
You can see each gift and its payment method on the Gifts Received page.Sign up now »
- GIFT CARDS & HONEYFUND BALANCE
How does Honeyfund work?
With Honeyfund, you simply receive monetary gifts from your guests to help you pay for the costs of your honeymoon, or anything you're saving for. Planning your dream honeymoon? Buying a home? Upgrading your housewares? Honeyfund is here for you. It's your big day!
You can receive money one of three ways, which you choose at sign up:
GIFT CARDS & HONEYFUND BALANCE
Register for popular gift cards or set your entire account to redeem all funds received via gift cards (Honeyfund Balance), with zero fees to give or receive. Givers pay by credit or debit card. Check out our full list of digital gift card partners or choose Honeyfund Balance now.
BANK ACCOUNT DEPOSITS
Get online payments automatically deposited into your bank account via your choice of WePay (Chase) or PayPal for 2.8% + $0.30* per transaction. Givers pay by credit or debit card.
* Applies to most US-to-US payments. Fees outside the US may vary. Click here for full fee info. Payments from outside your home country may incur an additional 1% cross-border fee.
CASH, CHECK AND CUSTOM PAYMENTS
Let givers reserve a gift on your honeyfund page, then pay by giving you cash or check directly, in the mail or in a card. Or set custom instructions for them to follow, e.g. your Venmo account or a travel agent taking payments for you. Even offer your Bank Details (popular in the UK). With these options, givers pay offline and there are zero fees to give and receive.
- GIFT CARDS & HONEYFUND BALANCE
What if we don't receive enough funds from our Honeyfund?
You'll want to think about how many guests are attending that might be open to contributing to your honeymoon and do a rough estimate. To maximize your fund, make sure to get the word out by notifying guests of your Honeyfund.
When considering the cost of travel, we recommend you budget for your basic travel costs such as airfare and hotels as travel booking deadlines often occur 4-12 weeks before the wedding. As the gifts come in closer to the wedding, you will have funds to add the special EXTRAS that make your trip into a ONCE-IN-A-LIFETIME HONEYMOON! Or, you choose to receive cash, you'll be able to reimburse yourselves for those basic costs.Sign up now »
How is all this free?
Honeyfund was started with a vision: A free online honeymoon registry with no strings. We’ve never charged a platform fee, and keep processing fees to a minimum through our partnerships with WePay (Chase) and PayPal.
So how do we do it? Our budget-friendly Honeyfund Elite package (just $39.99) offers you the most power design tool on the wedding registry market. Revenue from this program and advertising partnerships support Honeyfund's free service. Sign Up Now to see the latest features and pricing.Sign up now »
- Who started Honeyfund?