How To Plan Your Dream Wedding in 3 Months: The Ultimate Wedding Timeline and Checklist
Congratulations on your engagement! Planning a wedding in just three months may seem daunting, but it’s entirely possible to create a beautiful and unique celebration that fits your budget and reflects your personal style. By prioritizing your must-haves, being flexible with your date and venue options, and utilizing the help of trusted friends and family members, you can plan a memorable wedding as stress-free as possible.
Our timeline can help you navigate the planning process and ensure that you stay on track with your goals. Whether your wedding budget is $10k or $1k, our timeline provides a step-by-step guide to planning a wedding in three months. With our guidance, you can confidently plan a wedding that perfectly captures your vision and love story, while also staying within your budget and timeline.
3 Months Out:
- Determine your realistic wedding budget
- Sit down with your partner to discuss your shared vision for the wedding
- Research and apply for a credit card with great travel benefits—put wedding expenses on this card and rack up points for your honeymo
- Research and visit potential venues
- Start drafting your guest list
- Choose your wedding party
- Join online wedding communities, like The Hive, to get inspiration, ask questions, and get advice from other couples planning their weddings
- Consider signing up for a travel or hotel credit card to earn rewards on wedding expenses and enjoy perks like discounted accommodations and exclusive benefits for a memorable honeymoon experience
2.5 Months Out:
- Finalize your guest list
- Choose and book your wedding venue and finalize your exact date
- Research and book your vendors, like your caterer, photographer, and florist
- Shop for your wedding attire
- Purchase wedding rings & consider purchasing ring insurance
- Order Save the Dates
2 Months Out:
- Create your Honeyfund registry and wedding webpage
- Send out your save-the-dates
- Order your invitations with expedited shipping or considering sending paperless invites to guests
- Start planning the ceremony details, including who will officiate
- Book your hotel and transportation
- Confirm honeymoon plans and book travel—yes, it’s possible to do this in a short time frame!
- Make a reservation for your rehearsal dinner
1.5 Months Out:
- Start browsing Pinterest for some easy hair and makeup styles to do yourself
- Send your wedding invitations—don’t forget to include information about your registry!
- Start planning the reception details, including the menu and seating chart
- Finalize the details for your honeymoon
- Work on DIY projects for your wedding decor or sourced used items from your local Facebook marketplace
1 Month Out:
- Finalize all vendor hires and make final payments
- Create a detailed wedding day timeline
- Attend your bachelor/bachelorette parties
- Have your final dress and suit fittings
- Collect RSVPs, follow up with guests who haven’t RSVP’d
2 Weeks Out:
- Finalize the seating chart and place cards.
- Confirm transportation arrangements.
- Finalize your vows
1 Week Out:
- Pack for your honeymoon and for the wedding night
- Confirm all the details with vendors
- Do a final walkthrough of your venue
- Ceremony rehearsal and rehearsal dinner
- Pack wedding day essentials
- Eat well, stay hydrated, and get a good night’s sleep!
- Set up venue and make any final vendor payments
- Get married
- Clean up (if required by your venue)
After the wedding:
- Tip your DJ, caterer, or any other wedding vendors and/or settle any outstanding balances with your vendors
- Redeem your Honeyfund Wallet funds, completely fee-free (hello, Honeymoon funds!)
- Enjoy your honeymoon and start your new life together as a married couple!
- Send thank-you notes to guests and vendors
- Change your name
- Use the remaining funds from your Honeyfund registry to pay off credit card-related wedding expenses
- Order wedding photos
Planning a wedding in 6 or 12 months instead? Check out these wedding timelines instead.