William Root House
One of the oldest homes in the Atlanta area, the Root House is more typical of its time and place than the columned mansions popularized by Gone With the Wind. The house was built circa 1845 by Hannah and William Root, early settlers of Marietta. Today the Greek Revival offers a glimpse of the home life of a middle-class merchant and his family. The home and grounds have been meticulously restored to their 1860 appearance, with modern touchscreens and interactive displays added to pay homage to the history of the house and all of its inhabitants.
The quaint back garden holds up to 150 guests, and their indoor event space accommodates up to 30. The house and grounds are also available for photography sessions by appointment.