A Unique Type of Destination Wedding
This entry is from our Expert Guest series where wedding and honeymoon professionals share their best tips on creating memories that last a lifetime. We want to thank our friends at Princess Cruises for sharing their destination expertise!
Very little in life compares to the moment when a couple says, “I do.” With these two simple words, a new journey begins. And your magical moment should be brimming with enchanting delights and joyous celebrations. You’ll receive just that and more, as picturesque views provide a spectacular, dramatic and unforgettable backdrop. Destination weddings are growing in popularity. It’s a great way to save on costs and fold your wedding and honeymoon into one trip. If you’re looking into having a destination wedding, consider getting married onshore while on a cruise!
A romantic journey awaits onboard one of Princess Cruises’ beautiful wedding cruises, as you embark on a new life together. Tie the Knot weddings excite your imagination with an unforgettable wedding and reception at an exotic destination. Created by professionals who turn your special moments into lifetime memories, if you can dream it, they’ll be happy to make it come true. Read on to find out more about this unique destination wedding option.
A Wedding Party Like No Other
The best part of a destination wedding? You can invite all your family and friends to celebrate the moment with you! A Princess Tie the Knot wedding is a wonderful opportunity for everyone to enjoy a glorious cruise vacation and celebrate your special day. With an amazing array of onboard amenities, dazzling horizons and captivating ports of call, your wedding will be the perfect catalyst for all your loved ones to come back new in more ways than one.
Ashore Wedding Cruise Package
If you choose to have your wedding on the stunning shores of a beautiful far-off destination, Princess offers a package to make your special day as incredible as you dreamed it would be. Their magnificent fleet of elegant ships is waiting to host you and your loved ones for the journey. The magic begins the moment you glimpse your innovative Princess ocean liner. The wedding, reception and honeymoon vacation will all be a part of your incredible cruise package, blending seamlessly to make the most of every moment. The package includes a beach, garden, or glacier ceremony performed by a local officiant, destination vows, bridal bouquet, boutonniere, specialty cake for two, bottle of sparkling wine, and a keepsake wedding certificate. Their Ashore Wedding Package is $3,000-4,000 depending on the location and can be booked for these destinations:
- Auckland, New Zealand
- Brisbane, Australia
- Ft. Lauderdale
- Grand Cayman
- Juneau, Alaska
- Los Angeles, California
- Melbourne, Australia
- New York, New York
- San Diego, California
- San Francisco, California
- Seattle, Washington
- St. Lucia
- St. Thomas
- Sydney, Australia
- Vancouver, Canada
- Victoria, Canada
How To Book Your Destination Wedding
Here’s how to book your destination wedding with Princess Cruises:
- Decide on a cruise destination and wedding date and contact Princess Cruises Weddings team for a quote, destination brochures, and any other information you may need.
- Start planning the big day by contacting their Tie the Knot staff at (954) 636-8802 to speak with an experienced wedding coordinator. They will answer any questions you may have and offer helpful suggestions during your planning process.
- Place a deposit on your cruise and obtain your reservation number and book any wedding guests who may be joining you on your cruise.
- Book your Tie the Knot wedding package with your wedding coordinator. You’ll need your cruise reservation number and full payment of the selected wedding package is required at that time and marriage license fees if applicable. Optional and custom wedding extras can be paid up to 60 days prior to the sailing date.
- After you book your wedding, your wedding coordinator will send you a wedding agreement and guidelines for your selected wedding destination. Fill out and return your wedding agreement within 30 days. Once your signed agreement, guideline documents and payment have been received, your wedding will be officially booked.
- If you’d like to add-on to the wedding package you can choose from music, hors d’oeuvres and more – just make sure these are chosen and paid for no later than 60 days prior to your cruise date. Work with your wedding coordinator for photographers, videographers, entertainment, food and beverage, extra cake for guests, fresh flowers, and any other special requests you may have for your big day.