Hey everyone! Thanks for tuning into #WeddingWednesday with Sara and special guest Whitney Nelson, event planner and expert in all things wedding design.
Signature Cocktail: Salty Dog
This weeks cocktail is a classic and refreshing choice for a summer wedding!
- Coarse kosher salt
- Ice cubes
- 1/2 cup vodka or gin
- 3/4 cup fresh grapefruit juice
- Salt the rims of glasses
- Mix vodka and grapefruit juice
- Pour over ice
Special Guest Host Whitney Nelson:
Hosting with Sara this week was Whitney Nelson. Whitney is a Sonoma County native who runs a boutique wedding planning business, specializing in Sonoma and Napa County weddings. Whitney has these tips for couples planning weddings:
- PLAN and plan methodically to keep your sanity and reduce stress.
- Choose budget and guest counts BEFORE your venue.
- Don’t count on guests not coming.
- It’s ok to choose a firstst string and seconnd string guest list if needed.
- VENUE! Look at many options, ask lots of questions (how late can you have music, etc). Your venue dictates your design so choose it relatively early in the process.
- When looking for a venue, look for VALUE. Not just cost, but value. What are you getting for the cost? A few great venues in Sonoma/Napa Counties with great value:
- St. Jean
- Anadel State Park
- Paradise Ridge
- Design! Design is the one of the most exciting things for couples as they plan their wedding, it’s a fun way to express yourselves as a couple
Great Wedding Gift Giveaway:
Today’s Winner: Megan Campbell of South Carolina will get a two night stay at the Fairmont’s Claremont Hotel in Berkely California….CONGRATS!
Thanks for hanging with us again on#WeddingWednesday! Join Caitie Wednesday, June 8 on location at Triple Creek Ranch in Darby Montana. Please share with your friends (@honeyfund on Periscope). If you missed it you can watch the replay on YouTube: