Hey everyone! Thanks for tuning in to #WeddingWednesday this week. We had a great time, and of course brought you another delicious signature cocktail and fun DIY project. We shared a ton of info about our 10th anniversary and the exciting giveaways we are offering, including a chance to win an XBox One from Microsoft!
Signature Cocktail: Spring Tequila Sangria
This sangria is a super fun way to celebrate any Spring or Summer wedding! It is refreshing and really easy to make in large batches. A few tips: fill the glasses with the chopped fruit ahead of time, mix all the sangria ingredients EXCEPT the carbonated beverage (sprite, etc) after pouring the sangria mix over fruit, add the carbonation.
- 1 lemon, sliced into thin rounds, seeds removed
- 1 lime, sliced into thin rounds, seeds removed
- 12 large fresh mint leaves
- â…“ cup agave nectar syrup
- ½ cup gold tequila
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 (750 ml) bottle white wine (I used Espiral Vinho Verde, available at Trader Joe’s¦so tasty!)
- 3 ounces raspberries
- 3 ounces blackberries
- ½ Granny Smith apple, cored and sliced into small chunks
- 2 cups lemon-lime soda, soda water (depending on how sweet you want it)
- Mix agave syrup, tequila, and lime juice. Stir to combine.
- Add the raspberries, blackberries, and apple and top with white wine. Stir.
- Cover and refrigerate for 4-24 hours.
- To serve, divide fruit between glasses. Pour in sangria and top with ¼ cup lemon-lime soda. Garnish with a fresh mint sprig, if desired. Serve immediately.
DIY: Heart Envelopes from Instrucables
These envelopes are so sweet and a really simple, fun project from our friends at Instructables! These would be cute for save the dates or as escort cards for wedding seating.
- Thin colored paper (I used origami paper)
- Glue stick
- Heart pattern from Instructables:Heart Envelopes from Instructables
- Using a pencil trace heart on paper
- Cut out heart
- Following the guidelines on the paper:
- Fold top of heart down
- fold bottom to meet
- fold the two sides in & glue
- Assemble envelope
- For visual instructions head over to : Heart Envelopes from Instructables
Speaking of Instructables, don’t miss out on your chance to win the Instructables Wedding Contest, featuring a $1,000 Honeyfund account credit!
Honeyfund’s 10th Anniversary, ‘Beyond the Tank,’ & Giveaways!
As you know this Spring we’ve been celebrating Honeyfund’s 10th anniversary with the new Honeyfund App (for iOS and Android) and the #10YearsofHappy Second Honeymoon Giveaway! But that’s not all we have in store for you — be sure to tune into ABC on Friday, May 20 at 8 pm to watch Honeyfund and Plumfund on ‘Beyond the Tank’!
You also still have time to win an Xbox One and ‘Just Dance’ 2016 from Microsoft — so enter now and get dancing!
Thanks for hanging with us again on#WeddingWednesday! Join us next on Wednesday, May 18 for more fun ideas and a NEW anniversary giveaway! Please share with your friends (@honeyfund on Periscope). If you missed it you can watch the replay on YouTube:
Sara & Caitie