Hello and thanks to all of you who were able to join Sara and Caitie for #weddingwednesday on Periscope yesterday, despite a spotty connection it was a fun first episode, and we are looking forward to bringing you our next episode. It was such a fun way to get to know YOU, our viewers and Honeyfund couples!
Here’s the recap of yesterday’s episode:
Signature Cocktail: Apple Cider Mimosa
A simple and delicious fall cocktail
This drink perfect for any Fall wedding or wedding-related event like the bridal shower, after wedding brunch or rehearsal dinner. Here’s how to make it:
- One part apple cider
- One part Champagne or sparkling wine
- Sugar or sprinkles for rim (optional)
- Apple slices for garnish (optional)
- Wet the rim of a champaign flute and roll or dip in sugar or sprinkles
- Fill glass with cider and champagne
- Place apple slice on the rim
Wedding DIY: Honeymoon Keepsake Ornament
This is such a sweet honeymoon keepsake, a way to remember your honeymoon every year when you decorate your Christmas tree or deck out your menorah station. It also makes a great thank you gift for those who contributed to your Honeyfund!
- Plain glass ornament (easy to find at any craft store like Michaels)
- Any kind of permanent pen
- Sand, shells, etc. (or other small keepsake from your honeymoon)
- Using the permanent marker, write your names, “honeymoon” and the location and date on the ornament. Or anything you want!
- Pour your sand, shells or other keepsakes etc into the ornament
- Tie a bow or decorate however you like!
- Attach a ribbon to hang it.
- Enjoy your ornament as a reminder or your honeymoon for years to come! Or give as a gift.
Book Review: “Why Not Me?” by Mindy Kaling
We were thrilled to read an excerpt from Mindy
Kaling’s new book “Why Not Me?” in which she expresses, in the hilarious way only Mindy can, her issues with the honeyfund. Mindy is a lover of pretty household gifts wrapped in a bow. We get it! Lucky for Mindy and those who share her sentiments, honeyfund’s recent partnership with major retailers like Macy’s, Target and Pottery Barn allows couples to link store registries right to their Honeyfund page! That means more choices for gift givers.
And, since Honeyfund can be used for any type of wish list, we had some fun imaging what her (now engaged!) character Mindy Lahiri would put on a registry list. And of course we put plenty of house-helpful items on the linked Macy’s registry! www.honeyfund.com/wedding/dannylovesmindy
Honeyfund Hack: Add your Store Registries!
To link your own store registries to your Honeyfund, simply login and click Edit > The Registry. Then scroll all the way down. All you have to do it type in the name of the store and paste your registry link. Voila!
If you missed our first episode of #WeddingWednesday here it is on YouTube.
Join us next time, 9/30 at 4 pm Pacific on Periscope, and make sure to say hi in the chat so we can give you a shout out during the broadcast. If you have questions or things you’d like Sara and Caitie to talk about next time, PLEASE comment below tweet or Facebook us!