Honeyfund is growing and we need some stellar people to join our team.
Hi! We're Sara and Josh, founders of Honeyfund.com. We are looking for smart people to work with us! Our two websites, Honeyfund.com and Plumfund.com, are growing and evolving quickly. If you are the right fit for our AWESOME team, your work will touch millions of users!
Although we are a small team of six, millions of people have used Honeyfund around the world. Honeyfund.com was one of TIME's 50 Best Websites in 2012. The site has hundreds of thousands of couples who have raised more than $200 mil for their weddings/honeymoons. Honeyfund handles 2.3 million unique visitors per year.
While Honeyfund.com serves the wedding niche, Plumfund.com is a free crowd gifting site where anyone can raise funds for anything! If you follow the crowdfunding industry, you know it's growing fast.
Here's why we think you'll love working at Honeyfund.com:
- You'll work in a casual setting in Sebastopol, CA. Work from home also possible with some positions.
- You'll work with a super-smart team focused on creating real value and awesome UX.
- There are no layers of beauracracy or management to bog you down. We push out new stuff every week!
- You'll be working in two rapidly growing industries: crowdfunding and weddings.
- Your work will touch millions of people around the world!
Current Open Positions:
This flexible position is a great opportunity for a stellar web-application developer to work in the explosive crowdfunding space and take on all aspects of our popular websites. You will handle a wide array of tasks, ranging from prototyping user experiences, developing test automation, developing user experiences, integrating third-party libraries, fixing bugs, and more.
- Real world experience building scalable web applications
- Experience building mobile optimized experiences
- Experience with Web standards, browser disparities, mobile platforms, etc
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Amazon Web Services
- Mobile development
- Stay attuned to users' needs
- Create A/B tests
- Build backend PHP/MySQL functionality
- Build mobile experiences for couples and gift givers
- Create new functionality
- Fix bugs in existing code
- Build tests for your code
- Understand the functionality and technical capabilities of the product
- Take Photoshop mockups to working HTML + CSS
- Continually collaborate with the team
- Test, measure, analyze, repeat
Salary, part-time vs full-time, benefits, etc. all based on your situation and skills.
Ready? Complete this application form to the best of your ability. Thanks we look forward to getting to know you!
Bilingual Customer Service Representative
We are seeking a part-time Spanish/English bilingual customer service representative to start immediately! The job will start out at 6 -10 hours per week, but will grow over the next year.
You will learn the ins and outs of how our website works, gain knowledge of running a successful online business, and get first-hand customer service experience. The job duties include answering customer e-mails and telephone calls for both our Spanish and English websites, as well as administrative work, as needed.
- Must be fluent in Spanish and English
- Have strong writing, editing and interpersonal skills in both languages
- 3-5 years customer service experience
- Ability to efficiently operate a computer
- Excellent time management skills
- Must have a cheerful and friendly attitude
- Ability to stay calm while providing personable, comforting support to customers
- Must be able to work on Sundays
Work from home can be negotiated. Compensation: Commensurate with experience.
To apply, please submit the application form found here: Complete this application form. We look forward to getting your application!