Welcome to Honeyfund's Help Center! Below you'll find our most frequently asked questions and their answers. If you don't find an answer to your question here, please contact us and we will respond as soon as possible.
Signing Up & Publishing a Registry
- How much does it cost? It's free!
- How does Honeyfund work?
- How do I know that Honeyfund is safe for me and my guests?
- What countries does Honeyfund support?
- Can I try Honeyfund's purchase process?
- I created a Honeyfund account and set up my registry, why doesn't it show up in the search results?
- How do I "unpublish" my registry to remove it from public access?
- Why has my account been disabled?
- How can I close my account?
- How do the credit card options work?
- How do I get my gift money?
- Why was I charged a transaction fee?
- Someone made a gift pledge on my registry but I haven't received payment. Why?
- I received a PayPal gift but my PayPal e-mail address was wrong. How do I get my gift money?
- How do I add or remove payment options for my guests?
- Someone that I don't recognize pledged a gift. How do I contact the gift giver?
- How do I issue a credit card refund?
- What can I do about the PayPal 21-day hold?
Giving a Gift
- I purchased a Honeyfund gift but didn't print the certificate. How do I get back to the certificate page?
- I purchased a gift from Honeyfund but I don't know if my payment went through. How do I verify my payment?
- My credit card is not being accepted. What should I do?
- I gave a gift and have now changed my mind. How do I cancel my gift?
Signing Up & Publishing a Registry
Honeyfund is totally free! There are no transaction fees for couples or gift givers and no setup fees. This is possible because gift givers are directed to send the money to YOU, by cash or check. We don't handle any gift money here at Honeyfund.
In addition to the free service:
1. We offer upgrade packages including your choice of design templates, photo slideshows, photos next to your registry items, and more. Packages start at just $19.99.
2. Accept online payments from your gift givers via your own business PayPal account. Most US transactions via PayPal qualify for Honeyfund's special rate of 2.8% + $0.30. Credit card payments are available with both free and upgraded Honeyfund accounts. Fees are paid by the couple, never the guest.
With Honeyfund, you make your own travel arrangements and then receive monetary gifts from your guests to help you pay for the costs of travel.
For more about how Honeyfund works, see our Tour.
Rest assured all personal info and gift money is safe and secure. Your money travels directly from gift givers to you, either offline or via your own PayPal (or WePay) account, so we don't handle money here at Honeyfund. Honeyfund's secure servers keep your private info safe, and personal info is never sold, rented or shared.
Honeyfund has also been awarded an A+ grade by Better Business Bureau's Online Reliability program.
Honeyfund is available to residents of Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the U.K., the U.S. and most of Europe. If you live outside these countries and would like to use Honeyfund, please contact us.
Yes! Please create a free account and then you can try the Give a Gift process from your Guest View page. You can walk through step-by-step what your guests will experience when they purchase a Honeyfund gift.
We designed Honeyfund to protect your registry until you are ready for guests to find it. When your registry is ready, you must publish it, which then makes it available via the Give a Gift search. Click the Publish your Honeyfund link follow the instructions.
Your Honeyfund registry will remain active for one year after your wedding date. We do this because many couples continue to receive gifts even after their wedding and honeymoon. If you'd like to unpublish your registry to remove it from public access, please contact Honeyfund.
We can also exclude your page from search engine crawling, just contact Honeyfund.
Your Honeyfund account will be disabled if your e-mail address is invalid or if it was not confirmed within eight weeks of opening the account. Accounts can also be closed on the Edit > Profile tab, or if it has been more than one year since your wedding date. Please contact us to reinstate the account.
You can close your account from the Settings tab when editing your Honeyfund.
Honeyfund integrates with secure payment processors to enable credit card payment for your guests. Here's how it works:
- Guests pay quickly and easily.
- You pay just 2.8% + $0.30 for online gifts* (offline payments are always free!)
- A few easy steps enable credit card payments.
- To withdraw, login to your payment processor account and choose electronic transfer. No withdrawal fees!
Setup your Payment Settings now. Honeyfund couples who accept both offline and online payments pay average fees of just 1.8%! Guests never pay a fee.
* Applies to most US-to-US payments. Otherwise, see PayPal's fees. Payments from outside your home country incur PayPal's standard fee plus an additional 1% cross-border fee.
To retrieve your online gift payments, please login to your PayPal (or WePay) account and click the Withdraw tab. There you will find several options for withdrawing your money. If you forgot it, you can find your login e-mail address from your Honeyfund Payment Settings
If your gifts were pledged via cash or check, you should have received the payments directly from your gift givers (e.g. in the mail to the address you provided in your Honeyfund account, or at the shower, wedding or otherwise in person).
You can see each gift and its payment method on the Gifts Received page.
In addition to Honeyfund's free offline payment options, we make it possible to receive online payments for a fee. Here are the complete fee details:
- Most US-to-US transactions via PayPal qualify for Honeyfund's special rate of 2.8% + $0.30. In this case, the fee will appear in your PayPal account as a payment to Honeyfund. (This is how PayPal lets us share our rate discount.) Otherwise, see PayPal's fees. Payments from outside your home country incur PayPal's standard fee plus an additional 1% cross-border fee.
- Payments paid to a WePay account incur a fee of 2.8% + $0.30.
With Honeyfund, guests select a gift, and then pay according to the options you provided (usually offline via cash or check, or online with a credit card.) Gifts are displayed on the Gifts Received page. The page is in two sections: Unpaid gifts ("pledges") and paid gifts. When you get an offline payment from a gift giver, mark the gift as "received" by clicking in the "Got Payment?" section and entering the date you got the payment. The gift will then move down to the paid gifts section.
Sometimes an online/PayPal gift will appear in the unpaid section. This happens when we don't get the payment confirmation back from PayPal. If this happens, you should check your PayPal account for the payment and then manually update the gift received date.
You can see each gift and its status on the Gifts Received page.
If no payment was made, use our reminder e-mail to notify the guest. It's a tasteful e-mail from Honeyfund with instructions for payment. To send it, click the gift on the Gifts Received page. Then click "send reminder?" and follow the instructions.
The e-mail address you enter in your Honeyfund payment settings is where your gift money is sent when a gift giver pays for your gift with a credit card. If there was a mistake and the e-mail address you gave Honeyfund is NOT the e-mail address on your PayPal account, here's what you can do:
- Update your Honeyfund settings immediately! (Edit > Account Settings > Payment Settings) You don't want any more money going to the wrong place.
- Login to the e-mail account that was incorrectly listed on Honeyfund as your PayPal e-mail address. You should have received an e-mail there with instructions for accessing your funds.
- Add the e-mail account that was incorrectly listed on Honeyfund to your existing PayPal account. Click here to login to PayPal and add your e-mail address. Once there, visit My Account > Profile > Email > Add.
Edit your payment settings here (Edit > Account Settings > Payment Settings). If you have more than one payment option enabled, your guests will be able to choose from those options when they select your gift.
E-mail Honeyfund and we will contact the gift giver on your behalf to verify the gift was intended for you.
If a giver requests a refund for their online payment, you can issue it following these instructions:
- PayPal: Locate the payment in your PayPal account, then click the Details link. Follow the refund instructions there.
- WePay: Login to your WePay account, locate the gift payment, and click the Refund link. Follow the instructions there.
The 21-day hold program was recently developed by PayPal. It is placed on some newer Premier or Business accounts, according to PayPal's anti-fraud policies. We have a special arrangement with PayPal whereby all Honeyfund gifts are exempted from this program.
If you are having trouble accessing the Honeyfund gift funds in your PayPal account please Contact Us.
Giving a Gift
I purchased a Honeyfund gift but didn't print the certificate. How do I get back to the certificate page?
To get back to the certificate page, just click the link in your gift confirmation e-mail (check your spam folder if you didn't receive the e-mail). If you don't have it, contact Honeyfund and we can provide the link for you.
I purchased a gift from Honeyfund but I don't know if my payment went through. How do I verify my payment?
There are two ways to pay for a Honeyfund gift; 1) Offline, where you print a certifiate and give it to the couple with cash or check, or 2) Online via a third party payment processor. (Note: Honeyfund does not handle online payments, all payments are processed by a third party.)
If you paid online, you should have received an e-mail receipt. Check your e-mail for the receipt and/or your credit card activity for the charge.
If you aren't sure which payment method you chose, check your Honeyfund gift confirmation e-mail. There you will find either a receipt or payment instructions for the payment method you selected. If you don't have the Honeyfund e-mail, please check your spam folder or contact Honeyfund and we will resend it to you.
If your card is declined please try your transaction again later. You can revisit the payment page by clicking the link in your Honeyfund Gift Confirmation e-mail. If your credit card still doesn't go through, we suggest you either send a check in the mail directly to the couple or bring cash or check to the wedding with your gift certificate. To change your payment method to cash or check, please click the link in your gift confirmation e-mail, then click the blue Change Payment Method button. Or contact us if you need help.
If you have NOT paid for your gift, please click the link in your gift confirmation e-mail from Honeyfund. There you can cancel the gift pledge. If you don't have the e-mail, contact Honeyfund and we can cancel the gift pledge for you.
If you HAVE already paid online or given the couple the funds, we cannot cancel the gift payment. You will need to make arrangements directly with the couple to retrieve your funds.